Joint Apprenticeship Journeyman Training Program
The United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers, and Allied Workers Local #37 Joint Apprenticeship Committee, 230 Lincoln Ave., Bellevue, PA 15202, having jurisdiction in the counties of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Elk, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland will accept applications and test those wishing consideration for the Apprenticeship Program.
Applications are taken year round at the JAC Training Center at 230 Lincoln Avenue in Bellevue Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. Applications should be filed before the third week of March to assure consideration for the June's Apprentice class. Call to schedule an appointment at (412) 732-9720.
back to top
Minimum Requirements for Apprentice Roofer Are:
- Be of legal working age.
- Be physically able to perform the manual work of the trade. (A Roofer should have no fear of heights, a good sense of balance, and a better than average sense of safety for him/herself and their co-workers. They should enjoy working with their hands and accept working outdoors, sometimes under unpleasant working conditions.)
- Proof of High School graduation or equivalent G.E.D. Certificate (Official Transcript).
- Have a valid Pennsylvania drivers license, and reliable transportation.
- Social Security card or Birth Certificate for I-9 use.
- Be of good moral character.
- Must reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Local #37.
- Must take the SRA General Aptitude Test at time of application.
- Must attend Joint Apprenticeship Committee oral interview.
- Letters of Recommendation are required at the time of Joint Apprenticeship Committee oral interview.
- Final applicants are required to pass a physical examination (at the applicant's expense) and are subject to drug testing (at the Union's expense) prior to final acceptance into the program.
A non-refundable processing fee of Fifteen Dollars ($15.00) will be required at the time of application. Processing fee is payable by Money Order only, made payable to Roofers Local 37 JAC.
Equal Opportunity Pledge
Roofers Local 37 JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Roofers Local 37 JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
If you have any questions or wish to make application to Roofers Local #37 Apprenticeship Program, please feel free to contact the Journeyman and Apprenticeship Center Office at (412) 732-9720 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to top
back to top